Thursday, April 14, 2011

Day 37

Going to change things up a bit and post a recipe. This is the best banana bread recipe I have tried.

Ingredients:
1 1/4 c. sugar
1/2 c. butter, softened
2 eggs
1 1/2 c. mashed bananas (about 3)
1/2 c. buttermilk (I used regular whole milk because that's what we had)
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt

1. In large bowl, stir sugar and butter until well mixed. Stir in eggs until well mixed. Stir in bananas, buttermilk, and vanilla. Beat with a spoon until smooth. Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt just until moistened. Divide batter evenly between 2 8 inch pans.

2. Bake about 1 hour  at 350. This is what the recipe calls for, but I use convection on my oven, and 35 minutes is plenty of time. Cool for 10 minutes on wire rack.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Perfect timing....I just happen to have a bunch of bananas just perfect for banana bread. Thanks.