I have only 1 picture from today and nothing of excitement to blog about tonight, therefore I'll go through my recent health ailment. Feel free to click the X at the top and return tomorrow for more excitement!!
So a couple of weeks ago, a few days after starting the "oil pulling" thing, I developed this marble-sized blister looking thing on the inside of my lip. It's painless, but very annoying and gets in the way when I'm eating. I googled and figured out I had a clogged salivary gland. I had various people give me home remedies to try. I sat with a heating pad on my mouth for hours. I downed sour candies, even though I gave up sweets for lent. I sucked on lemons over and over. Nothing phases this thing. At one point, I had Colin drain it using a sterile needle, but it filled back up by the next morning.
![]() |
| heating pad |
![]() |
| lemon face |
I went to my routine dentist appointment, and he confirmed that it was, indeed, a clogged salivary gland, and he referred me to a oral surgeon. I made the appointment with the oral surgeon, continued to do all the home remedies, and also made an appointment with the family doctor to get another opinion. The family doctor said the same thing and to keep my appointment with the oral surgeon. I took the entire day off, thinking I'd get this thing taken care of today. Apparently today was just a consultation. When I made the appointment the lady on the phone said he would consult with me and then take care of it after. But that was not the case.
This is what I have. It actually IS NOT from the oil pulling. It is caused from biting my lip. I do bite that area during times when I'm under a lot of stress. However, I haven't done that in months. But that is what caused this whole ordeal. He went over the procedure with me, and now we are headed back on 5/23 since I have a long weekend to recover. It will be about 5 days of minimal mouth movements like talking (how?!), smiling, etc. and also soft foods only. Hopefully I'll be good to go back to work on the following Tuesday. So yeah...if anyone around here wants to help with the kids that weekend, it would be much appreciated. ;)
Ending on a happy note. Ms. Lisa kept Jack after school since I wasn't there today. We picked him up in the school parking lot on our way back home after my appointment. He had a great day at school and a really good behavior report, so we headed to the gas station for some frozen yogurt before we went to pick up the girls. He was a happy camper! You really can't beat frozen yogurt at Racetrac!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment