Saturday, April 5, 2014

Day 32

For starters, HAPPY 80TH BIRTHDAY to my Grandpa!!!! We wish we could be there to celebrate tomorrow!





Second, thank you Mimi and Papa for our early Easter gifts!! We love them!




Today we went to the park for a quick spring mini session. For the record, I think the age of 5 is the hardest yet to get a genuine smile! I have a million pictures of Jack with goofy cheese smiles!!! I had to wait for the (below) really awesome smile by laughing at something he did, which made him genuinely happy, so in return, I got that smile!













A little secret...I bribe my kids to get them to cooperate for pictures. Well, I like to call it positive reinforcement. Today, the reward was that we were going to make Easter bunny food. I had seen this on Pinterest, and thought that it seemed super cute and fairly simple and foolproof. 2 colors of melted white chocolate, pretzel sticks, and crushed Oreos. What could go wrong?


Well, apparently I've forgotten how to melt chocolate. And according to google, white chocolate is hard to melt unless you have a double burner, which I do not. I microwaved it for 30 second increments, and before it even got melty, it was turning brown (burnt)!! I think this needs to be added to that sight of Pinterest fails. The kids ended up dipping pretzels into the hardened chocolate. Ugh...maybe I'll try a different brand of chocolate next weekend. :(





93 degrees out today, yet Jack still insists on rocking the 3T sweater vest. I have to let him get creative with his weekend outfits since he's stuck with a uniform all week! At least he was in short sleeves.


We needed a little down time this afternoon, so I put on Lilo and Stitch. Well, for those who don't know, Erin doesn't really appreciate TV or movies. She won't sit for more than a minute or two. It dawned on me that she hadn't moved in several minutes, so I whispered to her, "Do you like this movie?" Then I turned to see her fast asleep, but sitting up with her arms crossed. so funny

 



 We headed out for a bike ride this evening before dinner. Grace did so great. The only times she struggles is going uphill, and we have some brutal hills in our neighborhood. At which point she starts complaining that her legs hurt.


 Enjoy the weekend!!!

No comments: