Well, we started our morning out with this:
But the craziest thing is that I gave her Motrin and within an hour she was perfect. Her fever never spiked again all day. I canceled my church nursery commitment and exchanged our play tickets for today, thinking we'd be homebound with her. I'm thinking she had a little bug because she was coughing a little. Either that or another ear infection, which both girls have follow up appointments with the ENT tomorrow, so we will find out for sure.
| This was her, less than an hour later. |
Then we drove around to a few local parks so I could scout out the best one to have Grace's birthday party at. I don't remember if I already mentioned this, but this is the first "friends" party we've had for her. I'm letting her invite 3 friends from school, so we are doing it at a park. Should be fun for her!
After that we picked up Steak N Shake and went to the lake to have a picnic. The kids meals at SNS were $3.99 each, so I was thinking my total would be $12ish. I got to the window, and it was almost $18 for 3 kids meals!!! I asked, and the lady said it was because I ordered them milk instead of pop. $6 for 3 tiny milks?? really? Maybe I'm just being cheap, but that seems a bit steep to me. Anyway, that's my rant for the day. The kids were incredibly occupied for quite a while at the lake. As you can see, Jack was pretending to build a campfire. Then they were pretending they were "wood carvers" and making all kinds of things. It was actually relaxing for me, which cannot be said much when I'm alone with all 3 kids. Today was a good day. Lately I've been so stressed due to not having a single second to myself in an entire day's time, on my days alone on the weekends, but today was stress-free for the most part. The kids behaved, and maybe it was because I kept them busy all day. We all go stir crazy when we are stuck in the house.
After that we came home for a little bit before heading back out to see Daddy. We hadn't been to his work in several months, so it was very entertaining for the kids. Erin didn't like the loud noise of the air compressor they were using to blow up gloves into balloon people (see pictures below).
The time change was awesome this morning. The first hour I saw was 7, and usually it's 5. Tonight, though, I only have 1 kid down so far. I'm sure it will take some adjusting, but I'm definitely not complaining if I can sleep in until 7.


















No comments:
Post a Comment