Monday, February 25, 2013

Day 13: Updates and Misc.

The first night, when the babysitter put her down, Erin did perfectly in her big girl bed!

Last night, I had to go put her back in bed, as she was enjoying her freedom a bit too much. I was surprisingly pleased, amazed, and shocked that Grace was setting a good example for her and also trying to redirect her to do the right thing!!! I can assure  you that Gracie was the one who taught her all of the mentioned shenanigans! I was watching and listening on the monitor. Erin got up and flipped the lights on and was walking around and getting toys out. Grace said, "Erin, turn off the lights." And, "Erin, you better get back in your bed." "Erin, mommy's going to give you a spanking." "Erin, please stop talking!" LOL!  I only had to intervene one time, and she stayed put and fell asleep after that. She did, however, fall out 2 times in the middle of the night. I had to go back in there (in the midst of a Benedryl coma) and tuck her in. We have a solution to that problem though, of putting two PBK chairs in front of the bed (as seen in the below photo). I'd say she's doing pretty good so far!

Colin sent me this picture from nap today of Erin reading while she was supposed to be sleeping:


Erin LOOOOOVES books! It's how Jack was too. She will sit and study every page in a book for several minutes. Of course, she also loves being read to. I love it!

I'm feeling much better today. So much so that I went ahead and canceled my doctor appointment for tonight. I think my body is fighting it, and I don't want antibiotics unless absolutely necessary. Very happy about that!

I took this picture last night right before before bed.
We enjoyed the nice weather this afternoon playing baseball, riding bikes, running, etc. in our front yard:


Trying to catch a lizard - yuck!





Bedtime bath:

A video of Erin saying "Dream Light". I keep watching this one. I love how she talks! Right now she is saying, "mommy? mommy?" Then once I answer she is saying, "thirsty." I don't think she knows what she is requesting, because she definitely has milk in her hand.

Lastly, I recommend this recipe that I made tonight. It was fast and easy, delish, plus pretty cheap (I think I spent $10 on the meat and snow peas, and I had the rest of the ingredients already on hand.)

1 comment:

Kathy said...

WOW Lent is now my favorite time of year! I love the daily BLOGging..and a giant Thank You for putting so much into it every day.
I love the video of Erin saying "Dream Light" she sounds a little British !! :).