Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Day 1: Baseball

Well, I can remember when Jack was an infant and Colin and I would talk about him being in sports, and specifically baseball. To be in the local little league, you have to be 4, so he is finally old enough. He was sooooooooo thrilled to start playing, and so far is having a great time.

Here is a video of him batting and running to second. The assistant coach, shown here, is very peppy and energetic. Colin asked Jack if he liked Coach Joyce, and Jack replied, "Yeah, She's tough, like Papa."

It's keeping us quite busy. He has practice every Monday, Thursday, and Saturday. Then Opening Day is March 2. After that I think he has 3 games a week. His team is the Detroit Tigers. We've bought him cleats (2 pairs), baseball pants, a shirt, a belt, a mitt, balls, a bat, a T, and I'm sure more! LOL Hope he continues to like it! I remember we went all out for soccer a couple of years ago, and he hated it. Baseball is much better, anyway! ;) We've determined that he throws lefty (like he writes), but bats righty.











While our lives are definitely busy and chaotic, we lack a lot of exciting events! I'm nervous about having enough blogging material for every day. If anyone has any suggestions or things that want to read about (other than the obvious day to day life), let me know! I'm taking requests. ;) I'm not one to ever back out of a commitment, so I'll be here with something, even if it is boring!

3 comments:

JANET said...

Congrats! You've just completed day 1 and you went above and beyond! Love to all!!

Brooke said...

He looks so excited! That will be so fun to watch. Busy is exciting so I'm sure you'll find plenty to blog about. Looking forward to it!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.