Saturday, June 4, 2011

We took a trip to BJs this morning. We wish every place had double shopping carts.


This afternoon we went to a BBQ at our old neighbor's house. The kids had a blast enjoying all the water fun. We had a good time seeing everyone too! We neglected to bring Grace's bathing suit...




This girl was fearless! This was a giant slip and slide that led to a baby pool at the bottom of the hill. It isn't shown in the picture, but there's actually a big slide that you go down first before you get on the tarp to gain momentum. She went right for it. Jack didn't want anything to do with it! Colin was at the bottom to catch her.



 T.V. before bed

Jack had a "Pirates and Princesses" end of the year party in his class on Friday. He came home with all kinds of goodies. Here he is sporting a tattoo and eye patch. He's going to continue to go to school part time (1-2 days a week) this summer and through my maternity leave. He thrives off the structure and learns so much. Plus the socialization is great for him. I'm going to keep Grace at home with me, so her last day will be this week. She will return like normal in October after my maternity leave.


I've been sick sick sick with the stomach flu for 3 days. I was out of work last Thursday and Friday because of Grace's episode. Then we didn't have school Monday. I went Tuesday and was out sick Wednesday. Thursday and Friday I felt terrible and shouldn't have been at school.  Today I'm finally feeling back to myself, thank God! Jack passed it on to me, so now we are just hoping Colin and Grace don't get it. Grace had a fever last night before bed and has been quite crabby today. I'm guessing it's because she is getting teeth, but hoping she isn't catching a bug!

Tonight Jack was sitting up on the counter, which he knows isn't allowed. I started counting, warning him to get down before he goes to time-out. I said "one, two...", and he goes "three, four, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve, fourteen, sixteen, seventeen." Then Colin came and took him to time-out. Colin said something like, "we don't get up on the counter, so now you go to time-out." Jack followed that up with, "no I don't, Colin!"

This morning he ate a bowl of cereal with milk for breakfast. I came into the kitchen and said, "wow! you ate the cereal AND all the milk?!" And he said, "no mommy, we don't eat milk. We drink milk."

Grace is getting more and more words, slowly but surely. Tonight she brought me the above eye patch. She wanted me to put it on her eye. I asked her, "what do you say?" She said, "plsss". I was so proud!

That's all I have for today. I'll try to make an effort to take some camera pictures tomorrow. Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend!

No comments: