Today I finished my 7th year of teaching. It was quite a long year, considering the two previous years I was out for several weeks of the school year on maternity leave! So excited to spend more time at home with the family!! We already have a Tampa Zoo trip planned for Thursday. Also, hopefully early next week we will head to the Lakeland Children's Museum and to that park and splash pad that we visited before. I don't really have any new pictures, but I have a few recent ones that I don't think I've posted. But I wanted to share this recipe that I had been wanting to try and finally did it this weekend. I love this dip, and plan on making it lots this summer!!!
Southwestern Dip
2 cups corn
1 can black beans, rinsed
2 roma tomatoes, diced
4 green onions, chopped
1/3 cilantro, chopped
1 avocado, diced (I would increase this to two next time, but I LOVE avocado, especially when pregnant)
4 ounces feta cheese
Dressing:
1/3 cup olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoons grated lime zest
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
Combine all of the dressing ingredients and set aside. Combine all of the salad ingredients. Pour the dressing over it. It tastes best if you do this a couple of hours in advance (but hold off on avocado until right before serving). Serve with tortilla chips.
1 comment:
have a great summer and I hope you get to come to Indiana before you have to go back to school!!Hugs! love, mom
Post a Comment