Monday, October 6, 2008

Baby Showers

We just got back last night from our baby showers in Indiana. They were so much fun and our friends and family were extremely generous. His closet is stocked!! I'm super tired, so this is going to be mostly just a picture post.  I can't believe how puffy I am in all of these pictures!! I'm just retaining water like crazy. Luckily that will go away after Jack is born, and it will all be worth it. We want to thank everyone again for all of the fabulous gifts, and especially for being there. My friend Jessica made the trek all the way from South Carolina with her one and a half year old. That meant so much to us! Shannon came all the way from Iowa just for the day, which is quite a trip too. Colin's grandparents came from WI, and his parents came from IL. We were so happy to be able to see them. Thanks so much. We have the best family and friends ever! 

We had a wonderful weekend. We got home late last night and organized all of his new things in the nursery until about midnight. It just made us more excited to meet him! Notice the book rack down there - my mom got us that for the shower, and I couldn't wait to organize all of Jack's new books in it. Luckily, Colin's parents are driving down in December, and so they are going to bring some of the larger gifts that we got down at that time. However, I just couldn't part with the books, so Colin lugged the heavy box of books all the way through the airports. thanks! :) I also took a quick picture of his closet after we organized everything. The bottom right section is newborn to 6 month outfits, the top right section is 6 to 9 month outfits, and then the top left section is the 9+ month clothes that we have.

1 comment:

JANET said...

those pics made me smile ear to ear...you're right, what a great families and friends we have!! love, mom