Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Really quickly here... Jack is at school, and both girls are napping. I need a nap badly today, so I gotta take advantage! We just got back from another weight check for Erin. She weighed in at 10 lbs. 6 oz. today, and that was before her feeding, so she's doing great with the weight gain! Last night I think I learned that she still needs to be swaddled. I tried not swaddling her because she naps with her arms up above her head, so I thought she would like no swaddle. She woke up at least 3 extra times I think just because she was cold. I'll definitely be swaddling her tonight! I'm one tired momma today!

Jack trying to get Gracie to walk with him on the path.
She would rather venture off on her own!
Waiting for Jack to go potty before going to play.
Riding a little boy's tricycle. He had it parked at the playground where we were playing, and Jack asked if he could try it.
He loved riding it all around the pavilion.  
Swinging before we left. I was far away on a bench with Erin, so it's hard to see. 
Grace and Mimi in the shade at the park
Squished up face - napping on my chest
Nap time for everyone 
Sleeping in her bassinet. Such a sweet face 
See a theme? She enjoys some chest action!!!
Once again...
Daddy helping Jack ride the new tricycle Papa bought him. He has a very difficult time steering, and an even more difficult time being patient! :) 
Tradition picture in front of the door before heading back to Indiana. 
We decided to have lunch out - all 5 of us. It was actually VERY successful!!! You can see we are seated outside--that's so we don't bother anyone. But everyone actually behaved and ate really well. 
Uno Pizzeria lunch

Uno Pizzeria lunch
Uno Pizzeria lunch

Yesterday we went to Waterfront Park again. Jack practiced riding his tricycle, Jack and Grace played on the playground and swam in the lake. Erin relaxed in her seat for most of the outing. 
Playground fun! She loves to play with the kids and repeat everything they say!  Jack played too. One little girl said something about a little baby (she was referring to Grace). Jack thought she was talking about him apparently because he piped up with, "I'm NOT a little baby!" 
This was so sweet to watch. The little boy was helping Jack play catch with his football. He was so patient with him, and cheered when he would catch it!
Daddy took the kids out to swim in the lake. Everyone had a blast out there. Erin and I sat in the shade and watched.
Napping in Jack's room while everyone else plays.
First picture with all 3! Hopefully I'll get a better one soon.
Jack's new jammies! We saw them on TV and then drove all the way into Orlando to the Florida Mall, all 5 of us, to get them because we knew he would love these things. And he definitely LOVES them!!! This morning when I went to get him out of his room, he pushed the red button on his shirt, came charging out into the living room shouting, "BUZZ LIGHTYEAR TO THE RESCUE!!!!" We've also heard a lot of, "To infinity...and BEYOND!" lately. Tonight he will debut his Woody jammies. :)
Sweet girl sleeping in her bouncy seat. I know I have lots of pictures with her sleeping, but we are actually seeing her be awake more and more these days!
I have more pictures on my camera, but my battery is dead right now. I'll be back soon with more!

1 comment:

JANET said...

Mel- you captured some really sweet pictures of the babies! I think the Waterfront park is a great place! I miss everyone!! We had a wonderful time visiting and playing with kids. Dad enjoyed golfing with Colin and Mike too! You and Colin are GREAT parents!! Love to all! Mom