I took Erin to Mom's Morning Out at the hospital this week to make sure that she is gaining weight. She sure is! She weighed in at 11 lbs. 12 oz. on the hospital's scale. The lactation consultant said that weight gain was great and that she looked very healthy and hydrated. I asked her if it was okay to let her sleep, rather than wake her up at night. She asked how long, and I shaved off a good two hours of what she really sleeps because I knew she would freak out. This baby literally sleeps from about 8:30 or 9 until 6 or 6:30 without waking me up.
I had my 6 week post partum appointment yesterday, and had lost another 11 lbs. from my 2 week visit, which I now weigh 45 lbs. less than I did at my last appointment before I gave birth. Still quite a ways to go, but making progress! I need to lose another 30 lbs., and I need to be a lot more patient than I am! I started the 30 Day Shred workout a few times this week. Tomorrow morning I'm going to hopefully attempt to begin the whole Couch to 5k process again. Jack likes to do the "shred" with me, and he asks me when we can "dance with those wadies (ladies)". He will keep me motivated!
Erin is 6 weeks old today! I have one week left of maternity leave, which gives me a lot of anxiety. I don't want to leave her and miss out on anything! Maybe it will be fine...hopefully...but right now, it seems like it just might kill me. :(
More pictures!
 |
| Jessica sent this from her iPhone. She took it while the kids were playing together. |
 |
| TRex lighting isn't the greatest, but here is Jack and Kaelan hanging out before the food came. |
 |
| LOOOOOOVE how she holds her arms close to her, like I'm sure she had to do when she was in my belly. |
 |
| Watching Tangled |
 |
| Loves his sister! |
 |
| She was not happy that I took her paci out for a picture! |
 |
| Went for a visit to see daddy |
 |
| Grace is going to drive us crazy by taking her pajamas AND diaper off at night! ahhhhh |
 |
| These eyes can get her just about anything ;) |
 |
| Taking a peek at her snoozing sister |
 |
| We had a football party last weekend. Lots of fun, but didn't pull off a win. The game was quite brutal. Better luck this week! |
 |
| Showing our Bear pride! |
 |
| Posing with Uncle Mike and Kiya. Jack had a gnat buzzing around his eye, so I couldn't get a decent shot of him. |
 |
| This sums up Grace's feelings on TRex... |
 |
| Once we got in, she was fine! |
 |
| Loves to play in my make-up |
 |
| I got a new double umbrella stroller this week! Unfortunately, my van is being worked on, and we left the strollers in it by accident! I haven't got a chance to really test it out, but hopefully tomorrow! Grace doesn't seem to enjoy it. hah |
 |
| happy happy |
 |
| We went to Toddler Time at SkyZone yesterday. The kids had a fun time. What a great activity to burn some energy when it is still so hot outside! BUT....relief is in sight! Highs in the LOW 80s this weekend. CANNOT wait! |
 |
| I got a sling to try out. I'm going to venture to say I'm not a natural "baby wearin' momma"! Maybe I'll try again. When I got her down in there, Colin said she was turning red and she started grunting. I think she could breathe, but I'm going to say she probably wasn't very comfortable! |
 |
| Super Jack! |
 |
| Watching Blue's Clues while I put laundry away |
 |
| Grace has been all about holding baby Erin today! And, other than poking her in the eye once, she's been pretty nice to her so far today! |
6 comments:
Mel - you sure got some great pictures!! Did you take all of those with your camera? I'd have a few that I'd like to get prints of. Nice job, babe!! love ya, mom
Good Bloggin, Melster!
Melissa-what a beautiful family you have. Are Grace's eyes blue?
Sally
Sally, Grace's are dark brown, and Erin's are bright blue. :)
okay
1) You look GREAT!
2) Totally jealous that Erin sleeps so long through the night
3) How FUN to have the whole family dress up for all of the games
4) Great job on getting so many adorable photos of Erin. I don't know if it's just not as fun to dress up little boys or if I am just lacking the motivation, but I need to do a better job. So many cute ones of Jack and Grace too!
THANKS so much Brooke!!! I feel like I still look pregnant!
Post a Comment