Thursday, August 18, 2011

Sorry for the lack of updates lately. I can't remember a time when I've ever been this stressed...for various reasons, but this week mainly trying to get everything lined up for my sub before Friday. Today I have several meetings, so my time to work in my classroom is very limited. I'm praying that i can get it all ready for her. I guess the blog has taken a back seat. I'm just going to put some pictures on here. Hopefully I will blog from my hospital bed on Friday using my iPhone with pictures of our new baby girl. Today I had a doctor's appointment, and she said that I'm effaced, dilated, and low positioned. She said it's hard to tell when, but my body is starting all the preparations for labor. I think I'll make it another 24 hours though!

Jack has said some funny things lately, but I can't remember all of them right now. One thing is he doing lately is memorizing movie lines. The other day he said to me, "My father's not crazy! He's a genius!" He said it with the most expression in his voice. That is a line from Beauty and the Beast. Then he was skipping back and forth in the hallway singing a song. Kelly, Devin, and I couldn't really understand what he was saying, but at the end of each phrase he would say, "nuh-uh!" Then I figured out he was singing, "No there ain't no road too long, nuh-uh!" which is a song from Follow That Bird. Also, I think it's safe to say that he is officially potty trained, with the exception of bedtime. I sent him in underwear to school Tuesday, and no accidents. We have the occasional one at home, but it is usually in the evening when he starting to get tired and misbehave. The other night when I let him in the living room from his high chair, I told him to go get in the tub, and he decided to pee a stream from the kitchen to the bathroom. uhh


Grace is changing and learning all of the time. She can repeat just about any word and has become quite chatty. Although she might have a shy gene in her, because when we are around strangers, she becomes very quiet. She went to school Tuesday, and she is going today as well. They moved her into the toddler room, and said she did great with the exception of nap time. They're expected to sleep on cots, and I'm sure she had no clue what that was since she's never had to sleep anywhere but a crib before. 

I keep loading pictures. It takes about 15 minutes, but then don't go on the post. Hopefully it doesn't have to do with our new t.v. and internet provider that we just switched to.  Strange! Therefore, not many pictures this morning! More tomorrow I'm hoping.



No comments: