Wednesday, August 31, 2011

I forgot to add a couple of details about Erin's birth in my last post. One is that she was born with black hair and blue eyes (that seem to continue getting bluer). She also had done so much flipping and flopping that she got a knot in the umbilical cord, but it didn't effect her at all. Now that I'm up and running (almost feeling back to myself), I'm going to be making an effort to take many more pictures! These are all just pictures taken on cell phones, and mostly taken by Courtney...not me. I also got her newborn pictures done professionally, and am soooooo excited to get those photos back in a couple of weeks. The photographer gave me one as a sneak peek, but there will be many more adorable poses to come! She also insisted on taking some of me with Erin, which I guess could be a good thing since I've yet to have my picture taken with her, other than the one with me laying on the operating table. Baby Erin continues to be a mellow, easy going baby, much like Grace was. As of the past couple of days, she's been awake more and more. She still sleeps well at night, only getting up to eat around 2 and 6, then right back to sleep. Such a sweetie! We got for a her 2 week well visit this Friday. Grace is also going to have her 18 month well visit that day, just a few weeks early. I will update again at that time and hopefully have many more pictures! 

She smiles quite a bit for a brand new girl! Colin captured this one during one of her naps on his lap.
Sisters
First time holding Erin. We were visiting Colin at the fire station.
Sneak peek from her newborn photo shoot
She quickly realized how crazy our house has become, but crazy in a good way for the most part! :) 
Grace has been extra cuddly these past couple of days. She was running a fever off and on, we think due to one of her bottom teeth trying to break through. Her gums are super swollen and red from it. 
Love for Papa from all the grandkids 
Another napping smile!
Alert girl
Napping on Mimi while we went to see a movie
"Life outside the womb is EXHAUSTING!"

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Love all of that hair....and those cheeks. Such a cutie!!!