Can't think of anything new to report. Everyone had a good day today. Daylight Savings Time is throwing us all off a bit, especially in the evenings. Grace isn't quite sure about being laid down when there is still light coming through her blinds.
Colin was taking a nap when I got home, and Jack was telling me all about his day. He is becoming so articulate. He told me, "Daddy said I eat all my chicken, I get a cupcake!" I asked Colin if that was true, and sure enough, he told him that at lunch. Then when I was on my way home from school, I was talking to Jack on the phone. I asked him what Grace was doing. He answered, "Her drinking bottle." They took a trip to BJs today, and I asked Jack if he and Gracie got a cookie. He said, "yep, with chocolate M&Ms. I eat whole thing." You completely have to be careful with what you say to him and around him because he doesn't miss a beat. He will tell us, "you don't tell me no." I've also heard lately, "Mommy, you know better than that." He is getting a lot better with asking nicely for things. Rather than whining, he will ask nicely using his manners (most of the time). Still working on it! He very rarely gets pop, but Colin said that Jack was saying, "please can I have root beer, PLEASE?" So he said he had to give it to him. And just NOW, literally, Colin was in the kitchen making some noodle soup. Jack came out of bed, and said, "My ear hurts. Medicine. I just cuddle a minute." Hopefully that was just a ploy to cuddle, and his ear really isn't hurting!
Grace is just getting to be very fast on her feet trying to keep up with Jack! She will take off with something if she thinks he is going to try to get it from her. She also is starting to imitate much of what she sees us do which is funny. Colin was bathing Jack and rubbing soap together in his hands when Grace started putting her hands together and acting like she had soap, then she acted like she was washing her hair. Now when I tell her to say mama, she mouths it, but usually nothing comes out. It's pretty funny! She will point to her nose at times and also hold up one finger when you tell her to say "I'm one." One of these days I will get it on video, but you just never know when she is going to feel like doing things on demand. Her clothes are starting to be more and more snug, so she must be packing on some pounds. She goes for her 1 year well visit on 3/30. Like I've said before, she is just a content, happy go lucky kinda girl. She's pretty mellow and quiet, and not very demanding for a baby! She loves to just walk around and explore. She will play independently with her toys quite a bit too. She just likes for someone to be int he room with her. Tonight she was giggling so much watching Jack be a crazy man twirling and playing in the living room.
No comments:
Post a Comment