Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Ear Tubes and Randoms

Jack got his tubes put in today (yesterday--posting this a day after I started it), and he's doing great! We got to the hospital around 11:30, got admitted, then waited for an hour before getting back to a room. The whole morning was rough because Jack was absolutely starving and dying of thirst from not being able to eat or drink after midnight. He scoped out the cafeteria and was picking up any kind of food he could get his hands on. I complained nonstop when I had my 8:00AM c-sections from not being able to eat breakfast. I felt so bad for him. We finally got back to his room, and they ran his vitals, then pretty much took him back for surgery. They were running about an hour ahead of schedule luckily.

Blood Pressure - He was saying, "too tight, daddy.".

Running another vital

The Child Life Specialist, JJ, came in to play with Jack and give him some toys.


Ready for surgery

This was the worst part for us, because when Jack realized that we were not coming with him, he tried so hard to be brave, but his little lip was pouty and his chin started quivering. Right when they left with him, I lost it. We walked down the hall (with me sobbing) to go get some lunch, but by the time we sat down to eat, they were already calling us telling us that he was out of surgery and that the ENT doctor was ready for us to come talk to him. He told us that everything went as great as it could have, and that he drained a lot of fluid off each ear. A few minutes later, we were able to go see him in recovery. He screamed for a good hour after waking up, then he fell asleep on my chest. He woke up when we left as I was putting him in his car seat, and he's been 100% since then, completely back to his normal self. We are really hoping this alleviates the problem of recurring ear infections!
Poor little guy was so confused about why he felt so loopy from the anesthesia. Finally he fell asleep on me! I look a little rough (ha). It was an emotional day for all of us!

On another note, Grace took a step this afternoon!!!! Big girl! She also waves anytime I tell her to say hi or say bye-bye, so she definitely understands those words. She's getting such a personality, and loves to goof around with daddy and laugh. She also dances (bounces) to music when she hears it. I must get this on video - it's too cute! She is still such a great eater, and loves ALL food!

I headed back to work today, and I think I watched the clock all day---missed the fam so much!  I just tucked Jack into bed and told him I missed him today and that I love him, and he replied, "I wuv you more.". Such a sweetie.

As I've mentioned before, Jack is REALLY into the movie The Jungle Book these days. Also, we got him some underwear to try to spark his interest in potty training. Well, tonight he wanted to put some underwear on, so he did. He was also watching The Jungle Book. He said to me, "I wike Mowgli." (I'm like Mowgli.) See a resemblance?

For those not on facebook, here is a sneak peek at our professional pictures that we had taken on Sunday. More to come!


No, Grace did not turn 1. This was Jack's birthday cake for his 2 year pictures. She enjoyed it way more than he did! She gave up on using her hands towards the end and just got on top of it! Silly girl must've inherited her momma's sweet tooth!

Way too big for the wagon, but he was having fun!


The neighbor girl and Jack's babysitter had to do a commercial as an assignment for school, and she wanted to include Jack. Here it is!

Lastly, I know it's a pain and I'm awful about doing it when I read other blogs, but if you don't mind, could you sign the guest book? I see all of these hits to my blog, and I just want to know who my "readers" are. :) Thanks!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Melissa

Enjoy watching your little ones grow about as much as Allie and Avery. You have two darling and beauttiful children.

Brooke's Grandma (Alice)

Unknown said...

Thanks Alice! I love keeping up with Brooke's family via her blog too. and thanks for signing. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Melissa, Glad Jack did well with the ear tubes, I remember when Luke got them and it was a rough day but no more ear infections so well worth it. I always enjoy reading!
- Jenny R.

Anonymous said...

Hi Mel,
I read your blog almost as much as
Brooke's. Love all the pics you both post of your kids. It is so
much fun watching them grow up and
seeing all that they do.Terri