I can remember so clearly the day we found out that we would be expecting our first baby. I had taken the test before getting into the shower to get ready to go out in downtown Orlando. I didn't think I was pregnant, but for some reason I just felt like taking a test. I had set it on the trashcan and left for a minute. I came back to get in the shower and did a double take as I glanced over at it. I ran it out to the living room where Colin was watching a Cubs game. We were so shocked and happy. I made Colin take me to Walgreens to buy more brands of pregnancy tests, just to confirm. I think we told everyone we knew within a day or two, despite everything we read saying to wait. I think I immediately started reading every book I could get my hands on about pregnancy and raising babies.
















2 YEARS OLD!!!
In honor of his birthday, I'm posting one picture from each month of his life. They're in order from the beginning to the 24th month. Enjoy!
6 weeks along
Birth
1 month
2 months
3 months
4 months
5 months
6 months
7 months
8 months
9 months
10 months

11 months
1 year!

13 months

14 months
15 months

16 months
17 months
18 months

20 months

21 months
22 months

23 months
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Minutes after being born - 12/23/08 at 8:48 AM
21.5 inches long, 10 pounds, 15 ounces:
Will post stats after his well visit next week :)
2 YEARS OLD!!!
Some of his current favorites:
Food: applesauce, yogurt, chips, chicken nuggets, anything sweet!, Cheerios with milk
Movie: Finding Nemo (although he is branching out lately)
T.V. show: Imagination Movers
Toys: books, Little People, any little figurines that he can arrange and organize
Books: We're Going on a Bear Hunt, Shapes, Colors, Numbers, Animals
In honor of his special day, the four of us are heading to one of his favorite places, Monkey Joe's. We'll be back in the afternoon and evening to celebrate, Elmo style. Please stop by if you are around!!
We love you, Budgie! Being a mommy to you and your sister is the greatest blessing God could've ever given me! xoxo HAPPY HAPPY 2ND BIRTHDAY!!!



2 comments:
Happy Birthday Jack!! Love that birthday smile! :)
Happy Birthday Jack! Can't believe you are 2 already. Melissa, great job on all of the pics, such a great idea!!!!!!
Post a Comment