Saturday, December 4, 2010

random updates


Not sure how much blogging I'll be able to do right now. I'm at the computer while Grace naps in our bedroom. Jack is in our living room whining to come over to the office area. We have baby gates up, and we call that area the "baby zone". He just said, "I come in momma. No, Jack baby zone."

We have a very sick household right now. Jack started coughing a little bit then spiked a fever on Thursday. We took him the doctor thinking we would get an ear infection under control early. Surprisingly, he didn't have an ear infection. They tested him for strep and RSV. The RSV came back positive. Then today, the three of us were out doing some errands and Grace was very tired the whole time, falling asleep in the stroller and car seat. When we got home, she had a temperature of 101.7, so I'm sure she has RSV too. Then I got a call from Colin at work saying he couldn't get out of bed and that he ached all over. I have what feels like a head cold, and Roi has double ear infections. :) Fun times at the McCormick household!! Hopefully it will pass quickly, and we will all be healthy soon.

We started decorating for Christmas last night. The house still needs one more strand of lights. Hopefully (if we are on the mend), tomorrow we will get our tree. We also need to go visit Santa at some point. This Christmas is much different, and I'm having a hard time getting into the spirit. Colin has to work on Christmas day, and plus we won't be with our families. We are going to still enjoy the season and celebrate the meaning behind it as well as be very thankful, but I won't lie -- I'm sad.
"helping" daddy
mid sentence
He is quite the climber. We eventually had to go inside and leave Colin without any company, because Jack kept going up the ladder.
view from the street
Lights are up except for the top peak, which will be finished soon. We bought the strand today. Funny story: I got finished checking out at Target. The trip was somewhat eventful, as it always is when there is one adult and two babies. I was more than ready to load the car and get home when I realized my keys weren't in my purse. I had given them to Grace when I was picking out bagels because she was fussing, and somewhere along the way, she had dropped the keys. We stayed calm, and backtracked. LUCKILY they were sitting on the floor by the Christmas lights, but that could've been quite disastrous. And, yes, I learned my lesson not to give her keys to play with. :)
playing in the yard
Watching daddy put up lights is fun!


Despite her fever, Grace was still a happy little girl today! I had to post two very similar pictures because I couldn't choose. I thought they were both cute!

I had on my Christmas music while we played in the living room today. Baby Einstein DVD was on mute on the TV. Apparently Jack wanted to hear the DVD because he said to me, "all done music!".

New things the kids are doing:

Jack - counted to ten perfectly without help today; knows all shapes - circle, square, triangle, rectangle, oval, octagon, diamond, pentagon; knows all colors - red, pink, black, white, purple, blue, orange, yellow, green; isn't too interested in learning the letters yet, but he can identify a few.

It's so funny how he has such a strong preference for certain things. For example, right now he is really into the books that teach him things. He really doesn't ever choose a story book lately! This morning he went to go get some books, and (out of all the books they have) this is what he came back with. I'm sure it's the teacher in me, but that is so interesting to me.

Grace - a tiny bit of "cruising" along furniture; consonant/vowel babbling; belly laughing; crying when mommy drops her at school or babysitter.

One more funny story: We also went to Walmart this morning, and I kept telling Jack that if he was a good boy, he would get a cookie after the trip (positive reinforcement at its best). Well, I put him up in the car seat and handed him a chocolate covered pretzel, and I said, "here, a cookie." He took a bite and said, "that's not cookie. that's pretzel!!" Can't get by with anything!

Hope everyone is enjoying the nice weekend. :)

No comments: