Jack at 18 months:
Grace at 3 months:
Jack's appointment went well. His doctor said he is on the growth curve to be at least 6 feet tall. He was impressed with his vocabulary and his behavior. He came in right after Jack had finished having a fit - ha! He had to get 1 shot, and he is well on the way to being completely immunized. When they gave him the shot, he let out a high pitched scream and cried for a bit. He doesn't typically cry for his shots, but I think he is way more aware now and was confused as to why the nurse would stick him! He also woke up from a late nap EXTREMELY crabby! I think it was probably from the shot because it's not like him to act that way. Yay for no more shots soon!
We stopped by the preschool to get registration papers to get Miss Grace enrolled. They will still stay home with me until I have to go back to school. August 18th will be their first day back. Jack went and visited his old teachers and classrooms. We went to the large motor area where all his classmates were playing. He walked up to a little girl and waved his hand at her. Then he went ahead and hugged her, backed away from her, then kissed her cheek! hahah, we might be in trouble when he gets older! ;) All of Jack's previous teachers loved Gracie, and of course, commented on her wild and crazy, long hair. They each held her and seemed excited to be getting her as a new "student". Now, if only she would consistently take a bottle! We tried again yesterday with no luck. We are going to try one a day to get her used to it, but she definitely was NOT having it yesterday! She just screamed until she got her way.
Gracie's next well visit will be next month when she is 4 months old. She did have to get 2 shots yesterday. She cried until Colin picked her up. The shots didn't really phase her sleeping or behavior at all yesterday.
And I just got word from Colin that he gets promoted July 13th. So proud of him. He worked very hard preparing for the tests and did well. He will be the engineer which is far less dangerous than being a firefighter since he won't ever have to go into a fire. He will be the one driving to calls and controlling the hoses at fires. Congrats to him!
3 comments:
Yay for Colin! Tell him we say congrats!!! :) I hate shots, it's no fun for anyone! Glad there aren't anymore for a little while!
Congrats Colin, that's sooo super!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe I'm just now hearing about it. I wish they were as good with shots as they are when they're tiny babies. Seems to just get harder and harder. ;)
Melissa,
Your blog is the best I've ever seen...I'm a little biased, but I just love the creative ways you tell your family's stories. The video of finding Jack in the sink is priceless!
Please pass along sincerest congratulations to Colin on his promotion. Well earned!
Judy
Post a Comment