Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day 2010


This is Gracie and Jack at the exact same age. She's a little peanut!

Hello! We wish all the dads out there a very happy Father's Day!



This is just going to be a random update. I've been looking forward my friend, Anna's, visit with her family for a couple of months. They were in the Clearwater area on vacation, which is under two hours away from us. They were going to rent a car and drive over for the day. Well, the morning they had planned to come for a visit we noticed Jack's eyes were very goopy. Turns out that he had pink eye, so they didn't come. Very disappointed, but hoping to see them this summer if we get to come up. Here is a picture of the pink eye at its worst. Poor guy. It really didn't seem to bother him though.

I also forgot to mention in my last post about when we were going back to our hotel room after the wedding. It was around midnight and two (very intoxicated) ladies stopped us. They were oo-ing and ah-ing over the babies. All of the sudden, one lady asked, "Where did you get her from?" I didn't quite understand the question. I don't think Colin did either, so we just sort of paused. Then she clarified that Grace must've been adopted because her skin is so dark. Funny people.

I started this blog a while back as a way to keep family and friends up to date on our happenings since everyone is so far away :(. It turns out that now it is more of a way for me to document everything the babies are doing. It definitely also keeps people in the loop about our lives. But, I really don't keep a baby book and Lord knows I don't scrapbook, so I really hope that the blog doesn't sound like I'm bragging about my kids. I just need to document things...

Having said that, Jack's language is literally exploding! He is putting two words together more and more. He says words that we didn't even know he knew. Today I was sitting on the couch with my feet on the ottoman when he looked at me and said, "under" then crawled under my legs. He is getting better at communicating to us what he wants, so that is nice. He is so good with Gracie, always loving on her. I think they will be the best of friends. Jack does so good at nap and bedtime going to sleep. This has been an ongoing struggle with him for a long time. But now, all of the sudden, his crib isn't a scary place. He just lays right now and goes to sleep. Usually when he wakes up, he doesn't even cry. This morning we woke up and he was just chatting away in his crib. I have no clue how long that had been going on. Oh, and I don't think I've mentioned Operation: Lose the Paci before. We started that the day before Katrina and Jessica came. Well, both of their babies take pacis and I didn't want Jack or them to be miserable, so I decided to prolong it until they left. He started to get a bumpy red rash around his mouth, so we just stopped giving it to him cold turkey. We had a rough time for about 2 days, where he cried and asked for it quite a bit. Now, he still asks for it every now and then and reaches in Colin's pocket for it. But, finally, he is OFF the paci!!! He loved that thing for all of his year and a half, let me tell ya! He used to be such a cuddle bug when he had his paci, but now he really doesn't cuddle up and lay his head down on me anymore. :( His absolute favorite thing right now are books. Yay, it does a teacher's heart good. He loves to be read to, and he will even sit and flip through pages pointing out and identifying things on the pictures too. He's become quite the swimming these days, as you will see in the pictures. The child has no fear of water. He will jump right in regardless if someone is standing there to catch him. He knows how to hold his breath too. He loves oatmeal as you will see in the last picture of him.





Gracie is doing great too. We made the transition into her crib about a week ago. It was so sad. For some reason I got very attached to having her right next to my bed in the night. But she's doing just fine in her crib, and I can see her on the video monitor any time. Bedtime routine usually is bath, pajamas, eat, and then I lay her in her crib. She usually will fuss and/or jabber away in there for at least 15 minutes, and then just go to sleep. Much different than Jack who had to be rocked to sleep before we could put him in his crib. haha! She found her fist, and if you lay her on a blanket that is usually what entertains her. She stares at her fist and moves it all around. She loves to watch Jack play. She squeals and squeals a lot. She loves to hear her voice. She has finally outgrown (I'm guessing) the throwing up phase. It's been 5 weeks since she has done it...such a relief! We made it through my two days of work away from each other! The first day she refused the bottle, so I came flying home on my lunch to feed her. The second day, with a different type of bottle, she took it like a champ! I wanted to cry, I was so happy. We literally almost had to leave a movie in the middle of a date night because she wouldn't take the Avent bottles when my parents were here. The new kind are the Playtex Drop-Ins nurser. Simple fix! My sister is going to watch the kids for our 3rd anniversary on 7/7, and we will actually be able to have longer than a 3 hour date!!!! So exciting! She is just our happy happy girl!








More pictures for your viewing pleasure:






I will update more this week after Jack's 18 month (How did that happen?!?!?! Wasn't he just born?) well visit appointment.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Melissa, what a beautiful family you have! Love the updates....how did you acquire a Canada olympic t-shirt for Jack? Love it! That was a super fun time around here!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures.....I laughed out loud when I saw the one with Jack and the bird biting his finger!!! Love it!!
Bev

Unknown said...

Andrea, My friend got it in Canada when they were there visiting during the Olympics. :)

The Fulmer Family said...

Hahaha, I laughed at that picture of Jack and the bird as well. I'm still laughing just thinking about it. I think Gracie looks like your mom in those 2 pictures of her laying on the floor with a pink checkered outfit on. Nana must be so proud!!! :)