
I almost let the day get away with no post. I just wanted to let it be known that FINALLY Jack is able to lay down and fall asleep without crying or being rocked. We got into the habit early on of rocking him until he fell asleep. Some nights, especially when I'm alone, that is just not feasible, so we started letting him cry for a few minutes. He never cried for too long, but it's never fun to hear him cry when you know how to make it stop. Tonight I laid him down and covered him up and told him goodnight and that I would see him in the morning. I started to walk away, and he whispered, "bye, bye". So cute! He has been going down easily like that for nap too, which we never thought we would see that day!
I took the kids to the fire station today, and Jack spent the majority of the time in the truck exploring. I told Colin if they ever want to get a call, just tell me to come. It never fails that every time we make the 40 minute drive to visit him, they get a call. Oftentimes that's their only call of the day, and it happens when we are there. We did get to stay for a few minutes this time though.

He has been reading behind the couch cushions all day today. I can't tell you how many times I've straightened these cushions. I can't get upset though. I must say it is a pretty cozy place to curl up with a book! Thanks, Luke H., for sending this book - love it! :)


This was all about Jack, so tomorrow I will post something about Miss Grace.
No comments:
Post a Comment