We finally figured out what was causing the throwing up and the cold symptoms. He has RSV. Thursday night I was up ALL night with Jack because with every breath he took, you could hear rattling congestion. Finally at 3am I had to call the doctor. They wanted him to come in first thing in the morning. We took him in, and sure enough, he has RSV. We have to give him breathing treatments every 4-6 hours. The doctor said his lungs are clear, but we are still doing the breathing treatments to be safe. It was SO scary and sad to see the little guy sick, but I think he is on the road to recovery. Despite the bad situation, we are very glad that he is still eating really well, his lungs are clear, he's still in good spirits, and that he seems to be fighting it off. I've been camped out right next to his crib for the past 2 nights making sure his breathing is normal at night when he sleeps.



I'm still in denial that I have to head back to my classroom in less than 2 weeks. But we do have lots of visitors to look forward to until then. Katrina and Jessica will be here Friday for the weekend. Then we are headed to Venice to visit Colin's parents on Wednesday and Thursday, and then my parents and sister will be here for the week when I return to work. It will be Katrina, Jessica, and Courtney's first time meeting baby Jack, so I'm really excited to introduce the little man to them!!!!
Ending with some pictures. I'm still reading and figuring out all that can be done with the new camera, so bear with me. I know the lighting isn't great in some of the pictures I've been taking. Any one have any suggestions on books for beginning photography???

Here he is watching the T.V. Anything that lights up gets his attention.

Colin was in the back yard walking around with him here. :)
3 comments:
I'm so sorry that Jack got so sick. Glad he's doing better now! That is no fun. :(
He is absolutely adorable in EVERY picture. What a handsome boy!
I'm glad he is getting better, it would be super scary. I think it's cute that you are sleeping next to him! What a cutie!! I cannot wait to hold him!! 2 more days!!! :)
aww, I hope he gets better soon. He definitely looks like a happy baby. Allie had to do breathing treatments when she was around that age. I think all of your photos look great!
Post a Comment