3:40!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Amazing!
We had a bit of a scare this week. On Wednesday, every time I fed Jack he would throw up. I had my 6 week postpartum appointment (6 weeks!? can you believe this kid is already a month and half!), and I had it all planned out to the minute. I had to get myself showered and ready, wake him up, get him dressed, feed him, and get out the door by 9:30 to make it to my appointment on time. Well, I got him fed and he threw up all over both of us. That continued at each feeding. By the time 6:00 rolled around and he was still doing it, Colin called the pediatrician. He mentioned to him that it could be a bug or something might have gotten into my milk, but to keep an eye on it and call them back if it continued in the night. Well, it didn't, and he seemed fine all night. The next day the nurse called me and wanted me to bring him in so the doctor could check him out just in case. I didn't think much of it, and I brought him in. He started going over what it "could" be... pyloric stenosis. He was saying that if it is that, which it's common in first born males, that he would need surgery. Now...I was freaking out on the inside because the way he was talking, it seriously sounded like he thought that it was definitely pyloric stenosis. He hasn't thrown up at all since that day, so it's safe to say that he doesn't have it. I think he just has a little touch of something. When we got home from the doctor that night, he started to get what I guess is a cold. He has a stuffed up nose and is sneezing. I don't know if the throwing up is related to the cold symptoms, but I'm glad he doesn't need surgery! Hopefully he will be better soon! He is still smiley and happy, so it isn't affecting him too much really.
Colin posted Jack laying on the scale at the doctor's office. 14 pounds 8 ounces he now weighs! That was with his clothes on, so it should be a little less, but still! Big boy!!!
Hopefully everyone is having a good weekend, and enjoying the warm(er) weather up north! Once Jack wakes up from his nap, we are going to take him outside for some pictures. I'll post them on here later today, so check back!
No comments:
Post a Comment