Monday, August 18, 2008

Back to school

So today was the day...the first day of school! It went well, but man what a difference between second grade and fourth grade!! The day was a little crazy due to the weather (plus, the first day is always nuts!). When the bell rang at 2:30, it started down pouring!!! We had to get the kids loaded up in their cars, and that was a mess. I was drenched from head to toe by the time everyone had left. Then they canceled school for the next two days because of Tropical Storm Fay. So now we will be making up those days on the Monday and Tuesday of Thanksgiving week. :( The kids will surely forget all of the rules and procedures, so Thursday we will have to go over everything again! OH WELL...nothing to do about it. Overall it was a great day, and the kids were really sweet. Should be a super year!!! Colin is at work now, and I'm really hoping they let him come home in the morning. They might keep an extra crew there for the extra help. 

Exciting - Colin has been able to feel Jack kick a couple of times from the outside!!! 

Well it's early, but I'm off to bed! My feet hurt from being on my feet in heels all day, and my back is killing me! hahahahaha!!!! I literally never sat down today until I got home, not even during lunch. Note to self--no more wearing heels until after the baby comes! I'll be home for the next two days, so feel free to call and chat! Enjoy your week. :)

No comments: