Saturday, June 8, 2013

vacation begins!

IT'S SUMMERTIME!!!

Colin helped me move my classroom yesterday, which was the last thing on my list of things to do before signing out for the SUMMER! WooHoo! I am so excited!!! Also a plus - more blogging time and more time to take pictures.

FaceTime with Mimi and Papa
Morning show
Happy Memorial Day! You'll notice Erin won't look at the camera or smile for pictures anymore, 9 times out of 10. When I put my camera away, she immediately will look at me and smile. Part of how she tries to show me who's in charge... Hopefully it is a phase that was quickly pass. 

Miss Grace is nursing an ear infection. The ENT thinks she needs to have a second set of tubes put in, with adenoid removal as well. We have it scheduled for June 27th, but we are praying that she really doesn't need it. Our pediatrician is going to be keeping an eye on her right ear over the next couple of weeks to see if the fluid drains off of her ear on its own. The fluid needs to drain one way or another because if not, it can cause permanent hearing damage.

Also health-related, I've recently been diagnosed with hypothyroidism, which was an answer to many symptoms I had been experiencing. I started medicine about a week ago, but it will take a few months to kick in and also to determine the proper dosage for me. My regular doctor is treating it now, while I wait to get into an endocrinologist. If anyone has a great recommendation for a endocrinologist, pass it my way. Right now I have an appointment with one in Ocoee (that I know nothing about) at the end of July, and one in Clermont (who comes highly recommended) in October. Luckily, this is something that is easily treated, and I should be feeling back to myself very shortly!



I guess I'll take the goofy face and cheesy smile over the frown that she has been posing for pictures with!

Our Cubs fans!

Pictures from a Memorial Day cookout with friends:








I know I've said this a million times, but this girl cannot get enough of the water! I really wish the NTC offered swimming lessons for her age group, but we will have to wait until next summer. 
Jack drew this picture for Colin one night when he was working. He has been asking how to spell lots of words lately, and then he copies down the letters as you dictate them. 
Ready for school! She looks like such a big girl in this picture.
Grace's teacher made her a photo album and wrote this in the front cover. I thought that was so sweet and thoughtful of her. She will miss Ms. Tina! (All of the kids will miss their great teachers!)
Our Pre-K2 grad!
Sisters hangin' out!

Riding the horsey!
Our new matching swim suits! We will get a lot of use out of these this summer.  Swimming lessons start Monday at 10:00 and last for 2 weeks.
Looking cute on the trike, but of course no eye contact or smiles!
Yard work with Daddy
Then nap time with Daddy
The big news here is that our little Erin is 100% potty trained! I am beyond ecstatic about this! She has been for over a week now, with only a couple of accidents. It is truly amazing. She even stays dry at night most nights. She was the easiest kid in the world to potty train. Please, good Lord above, do not let her regress!! This has been so wonderful not having to change or buy diapers! Hasn't been a reality in our household since 2008.
Our other big news is our family has grown by another fur baby.  Meet Mr. Murphy McCormick. He's super sweet, great with the kids, a good friend to Roi, very playful, and a perfect match for our family. It was definitely not planned, but a welcomed addition!

Erin and Murphy. (click there to see a cute video)




Grace's class had a Princess and Pirates themed end of the year party. She loved it, of course! Right up her alley!
Jack's class had a pool party, and Erin's class had a pajama party. Yesterday was all of our last days of school, and we are READY for the summer!!! Very excited to spend everyday with these guys!!

If you are able, please click on my Team and Training link to the right of my blog, and make a $5 - $10 donation. Every dollar counts!!! THANK YOU! 

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Yay for summer break! Enjoyed all of the pics. Murphy is SO cute!