Oh dear, I am incredibly far behind on blogging, and I'm hoping the pictures will tell the story!
 |
| This was the best Christmas picture I got of all 3 of them this year. I tried really hard though! |
 |
| Christmas Eve naps |
 |
| My little Christmas Eve church buddy and I |
 |
| Jack napping in his "handsome outfit". |
 |
| Gracie the artist |
 |
| Colin was setting up one of Jack's birthday gifts- a race track from the Walters. |
 |
| I was so excited to get new stockings this year!!! |
 |
| Note from Santa |
 |
| Princess bracelet |
 |
| new toys |
 |
| Grace was putting on "make-ups" for Erin. |
 |
| We had sort of an "Oregon Trail" experience on our road trip to Wheaton. This was our view for miles upon miles. |
 |
| Stopped on the road for 3+ hours meant we got to get out of our seats and play. |
 |
| ...until we wore ourselves out! |
 |
| even the driver! |
 |
| I was soooo glad to see I'm not raising Floridians! All the kids loved the cold and snow! They even loved getting bundled up! True Midwesterners at heart... |
 |
| Fun with our friends, the Carusos |
 |
| Lunch at Portillo's with Grandma |
The DuPage County Children's Museum was PERFECT for lots of hands-on learning! They all loved it, adults included.
Colin took Jack to the Chicago Fire Museum, and it was one of the highlights of the trip I think!
 |
| RPM Italian - a great "Windy City" date night for us! |
 |
| A quick visit with the Senasec kids, minus Wes, who was sick |
 |
| Silly Auntie |
 |
| One of his fav gifts |
 |
| Grace loved getting a chest full of princess dresses, shoes, jewelry, etc. |
 |
| LOL... |
 |
| Grace with Great Aunt Judy |
 |
| DJ Jack trying out one of Colin's Christmas gifts |
 |
| Happy Erin with Great Aunt Judy |
 |
| Sleeping Grace and Mimi |
 |
| Tired Jack and Papa |
 |
| Jack is such a good artist!! I got him this Melissa and Doug canvas for Christmas. He put forth sooooo much effort and was very proud of his finished product! |
 |
| Always prepared for the weather! We were going to pick up Roi from Uncle Mike's after being away. The girls and I were waiting in the van for a good 5 minutes waiting on him to get dressed and ready. lol |
The Color Run:
 |
| Duck lips Erin. Kelsie babysat before Uncle Mike relieved her while I did my race. |
 |
| First homework assignment! I hope he always has this much pride in his work and is that FOCUSED! |
Fun at 5AM:
 |
| Someone loves school! |
 |
| He came running out of his room saying, "I'm like PAPA!!!" My dad gave him this pedometer, and he left it at their house. Everyday he had a check the mailbox to see if it had arrived. He was sooooooo excited to get it back. And it hasn't left his body since. Last night when we went to check on him, it was on his chest as he slept. And he always wants to know how many steps he has taken. |
 |
| Trying a lemon |
 |
| The past 2 days have certainly tested my patience as a mom. Hence, FAMILY MOVIE NIGHT at 5:30PM before bedtime. |
 |
| Does this look show you that this girl is MISCHIEVOUS??!! |
 |
| Ready to go to the gym this morning! LOL I don't know where Jack picked up on the PEACE sign (or is he giving G bunny ears?). |
Real quick...
Jack - loves school and friends, art, and making people laugh. We recently signed him up for t-ball, and we are so excited about it. I hope it goes over a little better than soccer did :). I seriously could put up a post daily of funny quotes and things that happen to us...and I should. I just lack the time. But this week, I was using voicetext on my way to work. I had Jack in the car also because I was taking him to school first that day. I had said something about what I was wearing (I don't remember why, but it doesn't really matter in this story. lol). Whenever you finish a sentence, you have to say "period" otherwise it is just one huge run-on sentence. I don't really use voicetext while driving very often, so Jack assumed I was talking to him about what I was wearing. He responded to me, "When it's cold outside, I always wear long sleeves PERIOD." I laughed so hard!!!
Grace - is getting so verbal. It is amazing how much her language has developed these past few months. She is so observant too. I tried throwing away a sheet that had been colored on a tiny bit today, and it didn't get by her! She started yelling, "heyyyy! that's Erin's artwork." I think for her 3rd birthday we will sign her up for gymnastics. We went to Devin's cheer competition today, and Grace LOVED every second of it!!! Of course she is my girly girl who loves make-up, nail polish, princesses, etc. :) She has the sweetest voice - I love listening to her talk.
Erin - is talking a ton. This wild girl loves to have a good time. She's actually in the very beginning stages of potty training. She pooped in the potty 7 times, and the other times she tells me while she's pooping. She definitely gets it! She's such a sweetie, and her smile lights up a room!
Hope all is well, and hopefully it won't be long before I'm back in action here! Comment if you stopped by...pllleeeeeeaaase? :)
3 comments:
Melissa - I always enjoy reading your blog. Sounds like you guys are doing well and keeping busy! Happy 2013! - Jenny R.
Love looking at the pictures, great memories from your visit. Wish you were all still here!
Kathy
You're such a great blogger. My blog page gets updated maybe 8 months to a year. I'm a horrible blogger. Anyway, I always love reading your blogs and seeing the great pictures of the kids. They are so cute and growing up so fast. Thanks for update.
Post a Comment