I made a half birthday cake for Erin this weekend since she is now SIX MONTHS old!!! This was from Jack's half birthday. I can't find a picture from Grace's, even though I know there is one out there somewhere. And I don't think I remembered to take one this weekend of Erin's - darn! We had a little family dinner in honor of her being a half year old. I made Italian beef sandwiches, which I'm eating the leftovers right now. This recipe is so tasty and EASY, I should share.
Place a round roast (fat trimmed off) in the crock pot with a package of Italian dressing seasoning powder, a jar of pepperoncinis (juice and all), a can of beef broth. Let it cook on low all day. Shred it up. Serve on toasted hoagie rolls with melted provolone cheese.
Another weekend fire station visit
Lots of fun at the neighborhood park
I stole this from Jack's teacher's facebook. It is a picture from their Valentine's Day party, which he was soooo excited about! He helped me write out all of his valentines and pick stickers for each of his classmates.
Our little cupid that graced us with her presence on our Valentine's Day dinner date to Panera. She got lots of attention! |
Bath time
Erin is doing so wonderfully sleeping in her big girl crib! She LOVES it. It is funny that when I lay her down for a nap she kicks and gets so excited to be in her cozy bed. During this particular nap, Grace decided she needed some toys apparently.
One great babysitter!
Erin had her six month well visit yesterday. She checked out perfectly. She weighed in at 16.10 lbs, which put her at the 50th percentile for weight (and height too actually). She has been sick with a cold, cough, and congestion a few times already, but never an ear infection. The doctor said that is a promising sign that she probably won't need tubes since her ears drain on their own. She is hitting all of her milestones - rolling, babbling, sitting up for short periods, smiling, laughing, etc. She is SUCH a delightfully happy baby girl. She is trying really hard to crawl, but hasn't quite figured it out yet. She shows quite a bit of frustration when she can't do it, so I have a feeling when she goes... she isn't going to stop. She had 2 shots plus an oral vaccine. She didn't flinch for the first shot, then made a tiny fuss for a split second on the second shot. She wasn't even remotely fussy or sleeping more than usual yesterday either, so I don't think they effected her one bit.
Waiting for her check-up:
Since we were in Orlando for the doctor, we stopped by the outlet to get Jack a pair of tennis shoes. Us girls stayed in the car while Colin and Jack ran in to get them.
Jack and Grace both had ENT follow-ups yesterday as well. We pretty much spent our day off for Presidents' Day going to doctor appointments in Orlando. Jack got his tubes removed completely, which was no big deal at all since they were no longer deep down. The doctor doesn't anticipate any problems with ear infections. Grace still has both of her tubes in, and her ears look great. Jack weighed 35.2 lbs. and Gracie was a whopping 22.4 lbs. -- getting up there! :)
I'll try to get some pictures taken this week. I feel like I haven't been as good as I could be with taking pictures lately.
Relaxation time for me! Goodnight. xoxo





1 comment:
Mel - great report from the Doctor...babies are growing at an unbelievable speed and are healthy, healthy!
I agree, I think Erin is going to take off anytime now. You may have to buy more baby gates. haha!
Love ya sweet daughter of mine! mom
Post a Comment