Tuesday, January 3, 2012

My New Years Resolution is to try to better manage my time! I just cannot find the time to get everything done that needs to be done in a day's time. Right now, for example, I have a limited window of time. I'm choosing to start a blog post, but I really wanted to go for a run and also order thank you cards. I guess something has got to give...


This morning we took Jack for his 3 year well visit. I can't believe that 11 lb. baby boy we brought home on Christmas morning is THREE!!! He weighed 35 lbs., and looks very healthy. He had to get one shot, but seems to be doing fine. He had many conversations with the NP, Eweena (Elana), and she said he was "hilarious". I heard him talking in his room during his "rest" time today saying, "I don't like shots at Dr. Yarckin's." 

We made an appointment for Grace too. She had a park injury where she twisted her ankle and also a lingering cough. We are going to keep an eye on her ankle, since she seems to be improving daily. And she is starting an antibiotic for a sinus infection too. Poor girl needs to feel better! She weighed in at 22 lbs. Just for fun, I put Erin on the scale, and she is 15.10. 

The kids will all three start a new day care tomorrow, Musicaro Family Day Care. It is right down the street from my school, and we feel comfortable sending the kids there. They will all go there when both Colin and I are working. On Colin's off days, either Jack or Grace will continue to go to Children of Promise. I'm going to alternate days taking them. We decided to do this for many reasons, mainly financial (they wouldn't accept part time infants, so we were going to be paying for Erin to be there every day when she would only be going 1-2 days a week) and also to have me only make one drop off in the already chaotic mornings, rather than two. 

Erin is now rolling, reaching, and talking up a storm!

We had a wonderful Christmas vacation, visiting family and friends back "home" in the midwest and also having some down time around the house here. We made it to Indiana, Illinois, and Wisconsin all in a week's time. I have many pictures, but will try to pick a few.

One of the highlights for the kids during our trip...meeting Purdue Pete at a girls' basketball game:


All the kids were great little travelers. We had many "adventures" along the way, but overall, the drive wasn't bad!

 Jack baked Christmas sugar cookies with Mimi while Gracie napped, and Colin, Erin, and I shopped for Purdue gear and ate at Nine Irish Brothers.
Gracie with her new cash register from Aunt Linda:
 Court, Mel, Colin at the Heide Christmas gathering.
 Papa and Grace:
 Colin took Jack jumping at the mall while Courtney and I got massages one afternoon. He loved the one-on-one time.
 Carusos and McCormicks
 Senasec, Fulmer, and McCormick children:
 Aunt Court with baby Erin
 The big kids, plus Gracie, eating Pizza King. I think we ate PK at least 4 times last week! And Pepe's twice.
 Max and Gracie
 Kaelan and Jack sitting outside the jump house
 Miss Addy and Gracie
 We got to see snow one day. Colin took them out to play in it, which they enjoyed. Jack told me once we got home that he wants it to snow again.
 Colin reading to Wes.
 Gracie and Jack in their matching jammies with Jessie and Woody
 Erin's favorite Christmas gift - an activity mat.
 Grace modeling her new Christmas outfit from Grandma. Erin got one too, and I dressed them in the outfits as much as possible. So cute!
 Here's Erin's Christmas outfit.
 Smiley little girl:
 Another Christmas gift - a new bouncy chair that she loves, but is quickly getting to big to sit in it comfortably.
 Grace with her Baby Alive from Aunt Court. She is such a little mommy.
 Jack with one of his favorite gifts - Cowboy Woody
 Santa brought a Polar Express train!
 Grandma and Grandpa with the little ones in their Christmas jammies Grandma got them.
 Here's one way to get Grace to smile!
 Sisters
 Daddy and his baby girl
 Grace with her buddy (my cousin), Olivia.
 Birthday Boy with VeggieTales cake #2
 Grace is SUCH a daddy's girl
 Mimi and Great Aunt Judy with the babes
 This was my horse when I was a kid.
 Helping decorate the Christmas tree.
 Lukie and Baby Erin
 First taste of rice cereal...which she enjoys!
 Am I supposed to swallow this?

2 comments:

JANET said...

Mel and Colin - I think you do a great job of organizing your time! Keep doing what you're doing; you're raising beautiful, sweet babies! Lots of memories were packed in your whirlwind trip to Indiana, Illinois, and Wisconsin. You've captured them well in your diary blog! Love to all!! mom

annahanthorn said...

I love reading this and seeing all the adorable pics! I agree with your mama- you are doing such a great job with your time- I don't know how you do it so well! So bummed we couldn't see each other over break...but next time for sure! xoxo!