The kids and I are off to Dr. Seuss story time at Target then to a local carnival today. The weather is perfect, and it should be a fun day. We wish Colin was off to enjoy the day with us, but we might stop by to visit him this afternoon.
News: Jack is partially potty trained. If I keep him in underwear all day and literally remind him to go potty every half hour, he does it perfectly. We are getting closer to being fully potty trained. He's been giving us a bit of a hard time with his behavior for the past couple of weeks. His teacher continues to tell me he behaves perfectly at school... He must save it all for us at home. He typically behaves and is such a sweet little guy, but lately he's been somewhat of a challenge at times. :) He's definitely testing his limits! He learns new words constantly and always talks in complete sentences now. He's over his Jungle Book and Imagination Movers phase. He prefers Toy Story and doesn't really watch much T.V. He is watching Toy Story right now as a type this. Gracie is at my feet tearing up paper. He absolutely loves reading books, like he always has.
Gracie is a big walker, as you can see in the videos. She walks almost all of the time, rather than crawling, She can stand up from sitting even with nothing to pull up on. She walks and bends down to pick something up, then keeps going! She is pretty much right on track with Jack. They both started taking steps at 10 months and became full blown walkers around 11 months. Words that I think she says are mama, da, dog, and Jack. She signs more and all done. Still loves to wave, dance, and blow kisses.
Our sleeping habits are getting better. After months of Grace waking us up to eat between 4:30 and 5:30, it's now closer to 6:00. Today I got up and showered at 5:30, and got ready in peace. I didn't hear from them until 6:30, and I consider myself lucky. Hahah, I truly consider that to be sleeping in for them. crazy!
We took the babies to the doctor thinking they had ear infections this week. Lo and behold, they just had colds!!! We paid $75 to be told they just have a cold. LOL... But it is so worth it. The tubes are apparently doing their jobs. Every other time we've ever taken them thinking they've had an ear infection, they've had an ear infection. We are so thankful for good heatlh!
Colin and my dad put up the second swing in our backyard this week. The kids enjoyed swinging side-by-side!
Jack refused to nap when we had grandparents to entertain and spoil him and excitement, so this is the result.
Gracie girl walking and one more. I think you'll also see Jack singing his ABCs in one of those. He's getting better. Still no interest in learning how to identify his letters.
Playing after school on Valentine's day
![]() |
| Shoe shopping! |
| Shopping for shoes wears a girl out! |
![]() |
| This was our Valentine's day date - a wedding! |




1 comment:
The pictures are fabulous as usual! The beach pics of all of you are so, so, so good!!!! I love the videos, Wes sat and watched them with me! :) The video of Jack swinging while asleep was precious! I love all of Gracie's signing too and walking, getting so big and I'm missing it all! :( I can't wait to see everyone in a couple of weeks!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment