I'm *so* far behind on blogging that I'm avoiding getting on here because I know it will take me hours to get it up to date. Literally the only free time I get is after the babies are in bed, but that's the only time Colin and I get to hang out together. I started this post about 2 weeks ago, and I'm just now going to finish it.Enough about my time management issues, but I promise to try to get better about updating. It is on my to do list every single day, and I would love to put up a post daily, trust me!
Things are good around here. Very busy and never a dull moment, but we love it!
The biggest news, Grace started crawling. I need to get it recorded to show everyone her skills. She definitely is mobile! As I type this, she is crawling all over the room and under the desk. She goes from crawling to sitting to laying and vice versa. She hasn't pulled herself up yet, but we lowered the crib. I'm sure it's coming any day! She also waved on webcam the other night, opening and closing her hand. I thought my mom was giving her too much credit, but she preceded to do it a handful of times. Hasn't done it since though. She's getting to be such a big girl! She still hasn't sprouted her first tooth, but continues with lots of drool and everything goes in the mouth. She can pick up small pieces of food (Puffs) and get them into her mouth on occasion. Time is FLYING!!! It feels like we just brought her home, and she is no longer a tiny newborn anymore. I really can't believe it! It's sad, but I definitely love this stage too.
Jack is talking more and more by the day. It amazes us, words coming from his mouth that we had no clue he knew. He gets around quite fast by running. He plays hard and has so much energy! He can jump up off of the ground, do somersaults, and just about anything physical. He is doing great at school and just got moved up to the next classroom with 2 year olds. His favorite movie is Finding Nemo, and his favorite TV show is Imagination Movers (joo-joo). He's typically a very happy boy, but I think he is a bit strong-willed. He knows what he wants! He's such a sweet and affectionate little boy, loves to cuddle with us and kiss and hug Gracie. When I pick him up from school he comes running so fast towards me, then makes sure he hugs his teacher and tells his friends bye before we leave. I look forward to that little guy running at me ALL day when I'm at work.
We've done lots of fall fun activities, and we are LOVING every second that we get of nice weather. Such a relief from the long, hot summer days in FL! We've been out for stroller walks and to the park multiple times this weekend. We went to a corn maze, Santa's Christmas Tree Forest, and Uncle Donald's Farm. This Friday I think we will go to our last one, a fall festival at our church. I recommend them all to anyone who lives in the area. It's lots of family fun, each one offering something different! I put links up to all the websites.
This is a video of us sitting in the car at the pumpkin patch yesterday. Jack hadn't napped yet, and of course he fell asleep within minutes of us arriving.
I took the kids to the park while Colin shampooed the carpets yesterday morning. Here is both babies swinging side by side.
This is a video of Jack showing off his newest chore around here. Poor Grace has a runny nose (so does Jack). That's why her eyes are a bit puffy.
Jack counting
I posted this one on facebook, but I'm going to put it up here. It's just a glimpse of our nightly dinner time!
Here we can track Jack's speech progress. :)
I can't believe I'm posting this, but here is a picture of me zip-lining. I have no clue how I got forced into doing it, but I must admit that it was actually pretty fun!
Jack had an absolute ball playing in this little hay area they had set up for hay fights. We have some longer adorable video from it, but the blog only uploads videos that are a minute or less, and they are too long.
I take so many pictures on a daily basis, that it's hard to choose which ones to post. Here goes! Nap is over, so I will finish later, probably after bed time tonight.

This is when my camera battery died, and I had to use my phone to take pictures. OH WELL! Jack and Daddy feeding the cows on the hay ride. You may remember this from last year and see some similar pictures.

This is the best shot of them I could get together...
VERY interested in getting the hay in her mouth.

Hay maze

A deer that likes people. Colin thought this was the coolest thing ever.
Looking at the turkeys and keeping his distance
He kept saying, "come on, turtle!"

Grace's first hay ride

having a conversation about who knows what

They were looking at the deer when all of the sudden there was a bird behind them that said, "hello".
Studying :)
He was a little hesitant to feed them this year.
"What's that?"

Happy Budgie!

Above and below are the new cozy, minky car seat covers made with love by Grandma Moller. Jack's has a Purdue patch, and Gracie's has an Eastern one. So soft and cute, and they love them!


Don't expect me to sit in this stroller without snacks and juice!

Happy baby!
Couple of Bears fans
Fall family pictures
love his facial expressions
Now THIS is a familiar expression --- the face he makes when he knows he is misbehaving. He found this cup sitting there, and knew he wasn't supposed to touch it.
Roi came along for the fun at the park on this particular morning
fun at the park
"too heavy"
hmmm, which one will it be?not sure what he's pointing at, but I thought it was a good action shot!
Jack came over and said, "Wanna play, Gracie?". So sweet.We hope that everyone is enjoying their weekend. Sorry for being a bad blogger lately, but thanks for sticking with me!!!





2 comments:
Mel - thanks for the updates on the little darlings. I love all the pictures and the videos just make me smile ear to ear. Great parents you two are!! Love, mom
Love ALL the pics and videos! Soooooo good!! I can't believe you did a zip line! Very impressive, good job! :) It looks like you guys have a lot of fun fall-type places to go to, that's super, we've only done one and need to do some more! Those minky covers are awesome! Does she make them all of the time or just for you guys? I would totally buy one for each of the kids, they look sooooo nice!
Post a Comment