
Before Colin went to go mow, he told Jack that they would go swimming when he got home. He immediately went to get his swim trunks and had me put them on him. He doesn't understand the concept of waiting. He was ready when he heard the word 'swimming'. Here he is sitting on the window sill in his room waiting for Colin to come home. (He had just left.)

I'm getting a little carried away with bows. Love them!!! At one point, she was on the floor trying to roll over and I heard Colin say to her in a very pitiful voice, "You have to try to roll over while you are wearing bows and jewelry, you poor thing!" hahaha

They love each other <3
Happy Girl

It's sort of a ritual that Grace joins Jack in his crib after nap now. Usually he wants to do a puzzle or read books in there, but only as long as she is in there with him! She gladly obliges.

Go Cubs! Jack loves hats, but his Cubs and Purdue hats are way too small for his head. Grace will grow into them though!
Gracie loves to be in standing position. Her little legs must be getting so strong. She also rolls over pretty much every time I lay her on her back. Just now, I went to check on her, and she had fallen asleep on her belly. I laid her down on her back. I lay her down awake and turn on her glow sea horse. She falls asleep on her own with minimal to no fussing. She is such an easy going baby and so happy! She will smile at the drop of a hat. She loves to watch Jack play and interact with him. He is so good with his little sister. I think I've mentioned this before as well, but she used to SCREAM every time we got in the car. She absolutely hated it. This girl has the quietest cry ever, and we rarely really hear her get worked up (unless we were on the road). Well, we bought her the same car seat that Jack has now. The only difference is that her car seat has to be rear facing. She barely makes a peep! The doctor said the other one was probably uncomfortable on her belly. That was an easy fix! She is doing better with the bottle. The past two days she has taken about 4 oz. out of a bottle. We're getting closer! She definitely knows how to do it, but she is just being stubborn. She knows what she wants.
I want to make sure I keep everything well documented in here. If you notice things I'm forgetting to post about, leave it in the comments and I'll answer them next time.
I don't think I've mentioned how INCREDIBLY thankful I am that I got to spend 5 months at home with my babies. It is going to be heartbreaking for me to return to work, but our bank account tells me that it is time! :) I'm sure we will get into a good routine and adjust, but it will definitely be a huge transition for all of us. The 24 hour a day job of a stay at home mom is the hardest job I've ever had (by far!), but I love love love it! I remember with Jack, I didn't have much of a hard time leaving him when Colin was off. But there were a few days where I showed up to work in tears from leaving him at day care. I just have to keep telling myself that it is only 1-2 days a week which is good compared to what some people do! Plus I know Gracie is in good hands in the infant room. I know those teachers well since that's where Jack was for the first year of his life. Until then, I'm going to enjoy the last weeks of summer.
1 comment:
Shannon and I can't get over how much Gracie looks like Jack in the picture with her wearing the Cubs hat.
Post a Comment