Friday, December 11, 2009

Roi is less than thrilled with his reindeer hat. :)
The only way I could get this kid to sit still was by bribing him with a pretzel stick. We are going to try to get Mike to take our family picture on the beach tomorrow for our Christmas card. I'm hoping that at least one turns out, otherwise there might just be no Christmas card this year. I'm running out of time!!
The wall where our stockings are hung.
Jack and Mama in front of the newly decorated Christmas tree.

Only the top half of our tree is decorated, for obvious reasons. The night we were decorating it, Jack was continuously fussing because we kept telling him not to touch the tree. It was just too tempting - All of the sudden, he walked slowly to the tree, grabbed an ornament, and then took off walking away really fast and laughing. Ornery!!!

The first birthday gift that Jack received was from Granny and Gramps - a swing. I think the pictures show that he loves it! In the first picture, Colin is deep in thought trying to figure out how to make the swing go straight since the branch is slanted.





Things are great around here. Fortunately, Jack is over his ear infection and back to his healthy, happy self. At times he can be really crabby lately, due to teething. I saw teeth coming in towards the back of his mouth, so that has to be painful. He continues to repeat and try to say lots of words. His newest preference is putting on and taking off the shoes that Grandma Moller bought for him. He also continues to play the same game with hats. He has quite the imagination already. He will put a bowl on his head and call it a hat too. He also enjoys dumping out his toy basket, drawers, cabinets, etc. He rarely ever crawls, and he can get around quite fast by walking - especially when he has something in his hand that you are trying to get from him. His most commonly used phrase currently is, "what's that?", said in an ascending tone while he points to random things. He will continue to repeat it until he gets an answer too!

The pregnancy is going well. I feel like my normal self, only a lot larger! I go for a glucose tolerance test a week from Monday, then I have a check-up that Wednesday. At the beginning of the year, I go for another ultrasound to check out some different things. Her kicks and movements are getting stronger by the day. I don't think she moves nearly as much as Jack did. I remember anytime I put my hand on my belly when I was pregnant with Jack, he would move...and he really hasn't ever stopped! :) I'm puffy and swollen, but only slightly I think. My wedding rings still fit and so do my shoes. Which at this point with Jack, wasn't the case. We are really excited (and nervous) about life with two babies! The pregnancy is flying by so quickly!! I feel like she will be here before we know it.

Enjoy your weekend! We are beach bound tomorrow and looking forward to spending time with (Great) Grandma and Grandpa McCormick. Hopefully the weather cooperates and we will be able to enjoy some warm sunshine. I can't complain because I know how freezing it has been back home lately, but for Florida, it's been pretty chilly for the past two days. Will be back with pictures from our trip to the beach.

2 comments:

Grandma said...

THe tree swing is a great present!! He is loving it.

I can confirm that he does say "whats that" a lot. For a few days after you guys left at Thanksgiving I could here a little "phantom" baby voice saying "whats that"..."whats that".

Happy 1st Birthday soon to our sweet little Jack.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.