Friday, June 5, 2009

New Guest Bathroom and Funny Pictures of Jack

This is a picture of our guest bathroom before we decided to do some updating to it:



















Colin is just about completely done with the bathroom project, so I thought I'd post some before and after pictures. The before picture is above...lots of white along with the star shaped nobs! :) He did a fabulous job, and it looks so good! Jack will love his new bathroom, plus I'm sure our guests will like the updated look as well! The only thing left is to put in the accessories, like the towel rack, wall hanging, and things like that.



























































I can't put up a post and not share some pictures of the little man! My neighbor, Patty, emailed me this picture a few days ago. I know this sounds vain, but I don't mean it in that way... I just can't believe I had that much water retention!!! My nose is at least double its normal size! But, this picture is very special to me because it's our first family picture that we had (besides the one of the 3 of us when I was still on the operating table).
















Here is the Jackster enjoying his new bath seat. I was pouring water out of his cup, and he was watching it. He loves bath time every evening. He's starting to play with his bath toys as well as splash. So cute!














The poor little guy has had a low grade fever and runny nose the past couple of days. Colin has had a cold, so maybe Jack caught it. As far as I know, this was his first fever, so I was a little worried. I had him sleep in bed with us the first night. Colin said that he kept cuddling up next to him. Then, he would move him in the middle, and sure enough, Jack would make his way back right next to his dad. That was a cycle all night long. Needless to say, neither of them got enough sleep that night. I, on the other hand, slept right through it all. When the next night rolled around and he still had a fever, I wanted him in there with us again. Only that night it was me who he was rolling up against all night. So around 2:00 Colin put him back in his crib. He slept soundly for the rest of the night. I guess I learned that he definitely sleeps best in his crib! This is how I found him when I went in to wake him up this morning. He has his butt up in the air, and he's on his knees. When I took his sleep sack off, he had a red circle on each knee, so he must've been like that for a while! :) 














This picture cracks me up. Jack was laying on the living room floor playing with some toys. We oftentimes will lay a blanket out with some toys and he just entertains himself while we eat dinner or clean up the house. He has been rolling and "crawling" like crazy lately. I left to start his bath water, and when I came back he had rolled himself up in this blanket. I thought that was so funny!














On another note, SCHOOL'S OUT!! I'm so happy to be on summer break. I remember when I had to go back to work after my maternity leave, I said that I couldn't wait until June 5th. Now it's here! We have lots of fun things planned. Have a good weekend!!!

4 comments:

history145 said...

You have a lovely family...

Vaden Chandler
The Arete' Blog
www.ordinary80.blogspot.com

Colin said...

Nice Blog, Melster. I love seeing news pics while I'm at work.

Anonymous said...

The pictures of Jack are adorable and the stories that go along with them are precious. Thanks for blogging for us Mel. Tell Colin the bathroom looks GREAT and I can't wait to mess it up ! :)
Love to you all.-Gramma K

Katrina Senasec said...

The bathroom looks great! Good job Colin!! :) Jack is too darn cute. The picture of him on his knees with his butt in the air looks just like Paigie! She sleeps like that every night. :)