Sunday, May 4, 2008

5.4.08

Okay, instead of posting about how tired I am and how I must have a nap EVERYDAY, I'm going to do something else. Since I'm lacking on blogging material, I'm sharing a favorite recipe of ours. I don't know where it originally came from, but I got it from my mom, and Colin and I like to have it as much as possible. It is sooooo delicious, and not to mention easy to make!! 

Chicken Poppy Seed Casserole

1. Boil 4 chicken breasts until done. (The chicken can be baked, grilled, or however else you like to do it. I just boil it since that's what my mom does!)

2. Heat together 8 oz. of sour cream and 1 can of cream of celery. Add 1 TB. of poppy seeds.

3.  Cut up the chicken breasts and add to mixture.

4. Put it all in a casserole dish.

5. Crush up 1 roll of Ritz crackers in a baggie.

6. Melt 1 stick of butter (hey, i never said it was healthy) in a skillet. Add crackers and brown them.

7. Sprinkle cracker mixture on top of casserole.

8. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. For the first half (15 minutes) have the casserole dish covered. For the second half, take the lid off and bake uncovered for the remained 15 minutes.

9. I like to serve it with  yellow rice. Enjoy!!! :) Let us know if you tried out the recipe.

~~On another note, all is well here. Nothing much new to report. Colin is going to pick me up from school at 11:00 on Tuesday to go to the first doctor's appointment. After dropping me back at work, he will update on the website about how it all went. We hope you had a great weekend!!!

No comments: