Saturday, April 26, 2008

yawn

Sorry for another lack of updates this week. Not too much new around here. Colin headed back to work today. I have some errands and cleaning to do. Tonight I'm going to a benefit for the family of a boy in my class who lost his mom to cancer a couple of weeks ago.

I've been so darn tired and going to bed around 8:30 every evening! Other than the extreme fatigue, I can't really complain. I've had very minimal nausea and my skin is going a little crazy. Colin has been keeping up with my usual chores around the house. Well, except for the laundry. This is what I started last night:



I finished 1 load, so I have the rest of it to do today. Boo!

My aunt Judy was in Florida on business and stopped by for one night this week. We had a nice time with her. We had dinner at Carrabba's and then sat outside on the screened-in porch. She left early the next morning for Miami. I didn't take any pictures, unfortunately.

We Colin also painted the office this week. It is just a white color. You may remember the previous brown that we painted it when we first moved in:


Well, the room doesn't get much light. There isn't any overhead lighting, so there is just the lamp that you see to the left of the desk. It is bright and sunny in there in the mornings, but the afternoon and evening sun is on the other side of the house, leaving the room to be like a bat cave. So while I loved the color that it was before, it just was just too dark given the circumstances. So we are much happier with the new, brighter office:



Check out the new computer chair too!

In other news, Katrina started a new blog for pictures of Paige. Jessie has a post up about their new daughter, Taytum. Congratulations Jessie, Kyle, and Kyla!

Enjoy your weekend! Leave a comment to let us know you stopped by. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The den looks great, Colin!!

Mel - The journal of Tucker and Tanner's mom is awesome. The faith that family has is rock solid and an inspiration! Love ya both, mom

Anonymous said...

The den looks amazing. It's great that you showed the before and after shots to help compare. Though I love the warm brown, the lighter color does make the room brighter.

Okay, I asked you for a picture of the newly painted den in my recent e-mail, then I thought, "Wait, they have a blog!" I'm only a few steps behind with the technology!

Love,
Aunt Judy