Tomorrow I'm going to meet Kelly and Nick at Pleasure Island for a night of fun. This weekend we are planning on driving over to the beach to meet up with my friend Lauren and her little guy, Jeremy. Kara, Travis, and Payne are also in the sunshine state, but too far away for me to go visit. THEN, I'm on Spring Break! And my parents will be here. Yay!!! I have all sorts of exciting adventures planned for their stay. I love love love visitors. Jessica, Mike, and Kaelan will be in Orlando the following week, so I will meet up with them at the parks I'm sure. Can't wait to see all of them!
Living in Orlando definitely has it's perks! There is so much to do. You have the beach just an hour away, Disney and all the other theme parks, perfect weather, plus lots of great shopping. But, I do miss all of my people a lot, so when we get all of these guests, its super! I have lists of things that I want to do with each group of visitors, and I'll hopefully take lots of pictures to post on here. In addition to people coming down here, Colin and I are planning on being in Indiana/Illinois/Michigan from about June 26-July 11. We hope to make our rounds and hang out with all of our family and friends!!!
In other unrelated news...
- Katrina, Trent, and Paige got out of the hospital yesterday morning. They are all home and doing well. I'm a proud "auntie"!
- Colin finished his classes which he is really happy about. Now he is eligible to test for engineer and lieutenant. That will free up his schedule a bit too!
- We had a really nice Easter dinner in Venice. It was fun visiting with Grandma and Grandpa McCormick, plus Colin's aunt, uncle, and cousins. An added bonus was that we each got a chocolate bunny from Fannie Mae. :) YUM! Mine's already gone.
- I am counting down the days until Spring Break. My students have "spring fever", and they need a vacation really badly!!!
- In my school district you are a temporary employee until 3 years of service. This is only my 2nd year teaching for them, so from year to year, I have no clue what school I will be teaching at the for the following school year. My principal called me in today to let me know that he has a position at my school next year. That was a relief because they did cut 4 teaching positions. I was thrilled with the news because a.) I really like the school, b.) I love the students there, and c.) its really close (2 miles) to our house. I don't know what grade I will be teaching, but that doesn't bother me too much.
Thanks so much for stopping by and reading my ramblings. Enjoy the rest of your week!
2 comments:
Just to let you know... Jessi made my banner! I have no idea how she made it. You can email her and ask her at mmptruston@mmptinc.com She would be glad to help you! Melanie, aka MO
Hey, congrat's on spring break, your guests to arrive and your position at your school next year -- what an awesome life you are having (including the sun, sun, sun!).
Post a Comment